Thank you, Jonathan.
It is a very long story..., so get a cup of coffee and a comfortable chair.
My w/s was under myfamilycarpetcare.com (myfcc) because familycarpetcare.com (fcc) domain was not available at the time. In 2014 fcc domain became available and I purchased it from go daddy (g/d). I contacted an SEO and they supposedly transferred myfcc to fcc, however, the e-mail address from myfcc was not transferred to fcc and remained under myfcc. When prospective customers contact myfcc, it was suppose to transfer to fcc, but not the e-mail - which is how how the customer completes the estimate request. I contacted the same SEO and for some reason they had difficulty making the transfer. They had all the web info. including corresponding passwords, etc. Whatever they needed I would have provided to get it done. They finally dropped it and I was left hanging in the wind. No e-mail from website.
I contacted hostgator (h/g) which were doing the hosting for us, to see if they could help. (The problem with h/g is that I have to wait a minimum of 40 minutes and a maximum of 56 minutes, listening to music that gives me a headache, before I could talk to anyone, LOL. Very annoying). They could not help, unless they start from the beginning building a new website.
I contacted g/d and they said they could help. They send me a list of items that they needed, mainly info. from h/g to do the transfer. I got all the info. they requested and sent it to them. I followed with a call to the g/d tech that was helping me. He called me back and assured me that the transfer will happen. He charged my c/c for the new hosting and security lock fees and told me it will take about 48 hours to complete the transfer. 48 hours came and were gone, no word from g/d. I called the rep. and left specific messages to call me. I e-mailed the rep., no answers from e-mail. Five days passed with no response from the tech. I finally called g/d customer support and they gave me credit for the hosting and security lock fees charges.
In the meantime, while all these was going on, my hosting contract with h/g expired; and I lost my web-site. I decided to call the same SEO, spoke to a rep. (you have to make an appt. to talk to the owner). She knows about my website, etc, from previous contacts. I explained per above and she said she would check on it and call me on Tuesday. Tuesday never came and it has been over four weeks.
Not being able to find some reliable help, I decided to rub some salt on my wounds and called h/g to see if I could revive my website. The lady I spoke to was very accommodating and said the website can be restored, but they need some info. to complete the process. She e-mailed a list of info. they needed from g/d to complete the transaction (since I previously changed from them to g/d). I obtained what was asked from g/d and have a call to the tech at h/g call and discuss. So that is where I am right now...
If I could find a reliable and responsible SEO, maybe I could see my website again.